Kurt D. Zimmerman
Kurt Zimmerman has practiced law for over 30 years in the areas of real property, probate and trust law, beginning at the national law firm of McDermott, Will & Emery in its Chicago office. He has been recognized as one of Florida Trend’s “Legal Elite.”
Mr. Zimmerman is a graduate of the University of Michigan (B.A. 1986) where he was a First Team Academic All-Big Ten and First Team All-Big Ten athlete (baseball) and recipient of the Wolverine Award (“most inspirational player”). He received his law degree from Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D. 1990) where he was President of the Vanderbilt Bar Association and selected by vote of the entire law faculty as recipient of the Bennett Douglas Bell Memorial Prize, which goes to the graduate who “is not only well versed in the law, but who embodies the highest conception of the ethics of the profession.” Mr. Zimmerman is a graduate of the American College of Trust and Estate Council (ACTEC) Florida Fellows Institute.
Mr. Zimmerman is active in the community and serves on the governing boards of several local organizations, including:
- Community Foundation of Broward (Board of Directors; Executive Committee; Chair of Professional Advisors Council; Legacy Society)
- Broward Performing Arts Foundation (Board of Directors; Executive Committee; Chair of Planned Giving Committee; Governance Committee)
- United Way of Broward (Tocqueville Society)
- Pine Crest School (member of Ambassador Council)
- YMCA of South Florida (Past member: Board of Directors; Executive Committee; Corporate Secretary; Advancement Committee)
- Joint Tax and Estate Planning Seminar (Past Co-Chair representing Community Foundation of Broward; Steering Committee)
- Leadership Broward (graduate of Class XVI)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Broward (past Big Brother)
His professional memberships include the American Bar Association, The Florida Bar, the Broward County Bar Association, the Estate Planning Council of Broward County, and the Planned Giving Council of Broward County.
Mr. Zimmerman, his wife of over 27 years (Patricia Hooley), and their 3 children reside in Fort Lauderdale.
Click here to meet the other members of our team.